ad

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Humorous Wedding Speech by the Groom



Humorous Wedding Speech by the Groom 

The groom has used the wedding date as a source for funny lines, comparing their marriage with celebrity couples for comic effect. While preparing this wedding speech I thought it would be interesting to see if any celebrity couples had been married on the same day as us. Paul Simon and Carrie Fisher wed in 1983...and split up after 9 months. 

Oh dear. Also, Madonna married Sean Penn on this day in 1985; and we all know the outcome of that. Unlike the latter, while Lisa is "Like A Virgin," I plan to "Cherish" her forever and I am not afraid to 'Justify My Love." There's always the "Hanky Panky" to look forward to. There are children present, so the less said about "Get into the Groove" the better. We have been together for nearly ten years, and it's been the happiest decade of my life. We first got together at a Halloween party, where she was dressed up as a witch's cat and I was dressed as a crazy axe murderer, 

I was instantly smitten with that kitten I can tell you. She stuck with me through my scabby student days, and she's even managed to suffer living with me for five years. At home, we’re the perfect team - I mess up the house and she tidies. I affectionately call her my Mrs. Mop. In 1998 I popped the question, so like Elvis's toilet door Twenty-five years ago, we've been engaged for a long time. Today she's made me the happiest man on earth, she's my bride and joy.

 And I think you'll all agree she's done a superb job organizing today almost single-handed. (Toast) Please join me and raise a glass to my beautiful bride. To the bride! We'd like to thank the bridesmaids for all their help in the preparation for today, and I think you'll agree they look fantastic. We have some gifts for you. (Hand gifts to them and toasts) To the bridesmaids. We’d like to say a big thank you to our moms for all their love and support over the years. You've both been really good to us. So please join us in a toast. To the moms. 

 Big thanks to the best man, my dear brother. I’m not sure I should give you the gift now with your speech pending. This man had the easiest job on the day, or perhaps he just made it look easy. For someone who's not too steady on his legs (you should have seen him in Amsterdam), he made walking up the aisle an art form today. Thanks for all your help over the years bro’. To the best man. For being there when wee needed him, my dad has always helped us out. Boney M had him in mind when they wrote "Daddycool.” Please raise your glasses and drink a toast. To my dad. And last but not least, we come to the ushers. I've known these chaps for years and they have certainly done the business today. Let’s raise our glasses one more time please. To the ushers. And now for the bit you've all been waiting for, the best man’s speech. I don't mind admitting I'm scared, please be kind. Over to you brother. Wedding speech... wedding-speech-delivered-by-bride.

Humorous Wedding Speech by the Groom Video :