ad

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom



Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom 

  Wedding Speech :

On behalf of my wife and I, I would like to start by thanking Leon for his kind words and I’d like to thank him on behalf of everyone here today for providing the wedding feast. I would also like to thank Leon and Mindy for welcoming me into their family and their kindness and friendship since I first met them, though obviously they didn’t know me at the time else they might have locked their daughter up to keep her safe from me! And on that note I would also like to thank them for providing me with my bride without whom today would have been slightly more difficult even though the best man did offer to stand in…...but that’s another story. So, Leon and Mindy, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I would like to thank my own mom and Ian for their support and assistance in making today happen and for welcoming Becky into our family. I would especially like to thank my mom, not only for always being there for me but also because she has tried many times to get Becky to back out of this wedding but she did a terrible job and it went ahead anyway. So thank you so, so much. I would also like to give extra special thanks to Bill and Sarah Fuckley. Without them showing me the way forward, giving such a brilliant example of how two people who love each other should move forward together, I know that I would not have been the happiest man in the world today. So, thanks to you too. I would like to thank everyone here for coming today. I would particularly like to extend a warm welcome to Gary Wilson, a mate from childhood, who came all the way from Bermuda and has asked me to tell you he is young, free, single and filthy rich, and to tell you all that it means a lot to us both that everyone that is important to us could be here not only to celebrate our wedding day but also so that some of you could meet your new relatives – and with that goes my apologies, especially to the children and people with weak hearts in case the particularly ugly ones are scaring you as much as they do me. Seriously though, we are very grateful for all your good wishes and your generous gifts. I would also like to thank Chris Leighton and Steven Dunne for delivering the readings in the ceremony today and Steven would like to extend the same message of wealth and availability as Gary did earlier. Mostly I would like to thank Mrs Stuart for agreeing to marry me in the first place as I can be a right arse at times! Becky, I knew you would look wonderful today and you took my breath away when you came down the aisle. I want everyone to know how lucky I am to marry someone so beautiful, intelligent, kind, genuine, sixty……….sorry, does that say sixty or sexy……….sorry, I can’t read your writing Becky! Anyway, at this point I‘m supposed to tell you how Becky and I met but I can’t remember most of it due to the beer and she has made me promise not to tell what I can remember so you don’t think any less of her, but I can tell you that I knew from the beginning that Becky was right for me and I’m glad it turned out to be mutual. However, since I have been with Becky I have learnt a few valuable lessons. Whenever you're wrong – admit it! Whenever you're right - Keep quiet and pretend you’re wrong anyway! And the correct response to anything she ever asks me is “yes my love” and try not to moan about how unreasonable I know it is. But, at the end of the day I know that I’m getting the best deal out of this marriage and that you make me want to be a better man and I know that we are going to make each other very happy for the rest of time. Will that do my love? Finally I would like to thank the best man for getting out of bed to be here today. I have known Mark Geelan for about 16 years or so and he also wants me to tell the ladies that he is solvent and single too……….so ladies and gentlemen I give you the best man. Wedding Speech 


Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom Video :