ad

Monday, May 25, 2009

A Thankful Wedding Speech by the Bride

Wedding Speech ...

A Thankful Wedding Speech by the Bride



Anyone who knows me well enough will know that it is hard to keep me quiet and today is no exception - I thought it only appropriate that the bride speaks, although I promise to keep it short!
The main reason I wanted to make a speech was to personally say thank you to some very special people who have contributed to today:
(To the groom) Firstly, and most importantly, you've made me so happy since we met two years ago and today is the happiest day of my life. Thank you for making my life complete. Knowing your track record at either missing weddings or forgetting (or losing) your suit, I should also thank you for turning up at the wedding (eventually!) where we me, and, more importantly, thank you for getting to the church on time today and in your suit.

I would also like to say a big thank you to my bridesmaids. Firstly, my sister, for looking after me today and also on my hen weekend! Thanks very much for arranging our weekend in London, I’m sure everyone will agree we had an excellent time and I have a little something for you as a small token of my appreciation. And of course my other gorgeous bridesmaids who've been little angels today. I have a little something here for you both too. Thank you very much.
(Presents gifts)
I would like to thank my mom for all her help and support not just today but over the years and for giving me my “something old” which I'm wearing for luck today. I have a small gift from us for you.
I couldn't have been luckier to have such wonderful in-laws, thank you for making me feel so welcome in your family and for all your support with the wedding arrangements. A special thank you to my mother-in-law for sorting out the bridesmaids outfits and for making all of the invitations and order of service cards which were beautiful. And to my father-in-law, thank you for your lovely reading in church today. We also have a small gift for you both.
I would also like to thank all my friends who have contributed to today and helped with the arrangements. Thank you so much to all my wonderful friends for their friendship over the years. They have a1ways been there for me when I really need them.
Lastly, thank you to everyone for coming today to celebrate with us.
I hope you all enjoy yourself.

Wedding Speech