ad

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride



Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride 

 Families and friends. 

This has been a terrific day for Bob and I and we are both thrilled you could all be here. I wanted to say a few words in response to my Dad and thank a few people for all their support. I have spent a lot of time thinking about how to make these thanks – its amazing how much advice and how many books there are out there for Groom and Best Man’s speeches but there is not a lot out there to help the bride. 

 So having failed to find any sensible advice in print, I thought I would ask around to the family and friends for some advice on what to say this evening. I didn’t get much advice about the speech but they gave me some useful snippets to use. Sarah found out that Bob and I will share our wedding day and anniversary with a very famous Royal – 2 very famous Royals in fact – the Queen obviously as I believe she is having some sort of celebration herself this weekend. The other Royal is the late King Edward who abdicated to be married to the love of his life – Mrs Simpson. Now I expect that Bob and I in time will be more like “The Simpsons” than Edward and Mrs but I trust we can be as happy as that couple were. I have some thanks to make. 

Firstly Andy – thanks for the “hairdo” and busting a gut to get here on time to have a trial run. Ben – thanks for taking photos for our guest book and thank you all for posing and signing it. Sarah – you made your dress, you looked after me on my hen night . You have been the perfect Best Woman and a great friend for may years now. You have always been around for me through thick and thin and it was a privilege to be your bridesmaid last year. 

I have to thank your new husband Ian too for marrying you – it has been fantastic fun planning weddings together and thanks for all your top tips and ideas – many of which you can see we have stolen! Simon – perhaps I should reserve my thanks to you until after your Best Man’s speech! Thanks for being such a good mate to Bob for so long and for brushing up so well today. In fact that goes for all of the ushers too who have supported Bob and have travelled so far to help out today and share our celebrations– including my brother who took to Bob straight away – even coming on holiday with us last year. 

 Sam – mate – joining us on our Honeymoon just isn’t on! My parents have been wonderful in the run up to this wedding -they have been wonderful all my life – supporting me through school and university and have welcomed Bob into the family with open arms. Dad– thank you for your kind words, your input into making today brilliant and for being patient with us in the run up to today – I know blokes don’t care about what colour the flowers should be but you have feigned interest admirably and endured with great humour more than your fair share of wedding talk. 

Mum – you have really worked hard on so many of the little details of today – the table arrangements and flowers, the place cards, the favours, the cake, as well as making numerous phone calls and visits for us. You have helped me choose my dress and I have had great fun having you help organise this wedding. Mum and Dad – thanks for everything and for making Bob so welcome into the family. I know you probably weren’t so sure when we rang you at 3am from Peru to tell you we were getting married – we just got the time difference wrong – sorry about that. Of course, I have special reason to thank Rose and Alistair – their care and support over the years has had a very positive influence over Bob and their very best qualities have rubbed off on him – thanks for your generosity and support for the preparations for the wedding. 

Thanks too for making another wee English Girl so welcome in your family – of course others have paved the way – Susan and Jeff have prepared you for the funny ways of the English – but hopefully as you get to know me and my family you will realise that when it comes to whisky drinking, I can compete with the best of you. Whisky drinking is just one thing I share a passion with Bob for. Poetry and hill walking are others. It was on one of the world’s highest points that Bob proposed to me – at Machu Pichu in Peru. 

Poor Bob was feeling really ill that day – the combination of altitude and a few beers the night before to celebrate reaching the ruin after the gruelling walk of the Inca Trail. Spurred on by romantic thoughts of the wedding we were going to in Lima a few days later for Ivan and Fabiola, he made it most of the way to the ruins, pausing to throw up only once en-route. Picture the scene – we rounded a corner and had one of our first glimpses of the ruins. I ambled up some stone steps to get a good view and joined me and whispered the magic words in my ear. I accepted, of course, and we then asked our guide what the flat platform was that we were standing on was for. 

His reply was “Oh, that is an Incan Sacrificial alter – mainly used for offering virgins to the Sun God”! Well Bob – you didn’t get an Incan Virgin and thankfully you didn’t opt for the traditional thing on that alter but asked me to marry you instead. You all know that Bob was recently re-elected to the city Council with a massive vote once more in his favour. Some of you may also know that he has now been appointed Council Deputy– a great achievement. Bob, please just bear in mind that as long as you are Deputy on the Council, it suits me just fine if you are Deputy at home too. But seriously, I am proud to be here, having married you – proud to be your wife. You are the kindest and most supportive man I could hope to know and I love you very much. I know we will have a wonderful future together. Can I ask you please to raise a glass to my Husband – Bob. Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride

Wedding Speech....Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Video :